AP Structured Living Environment
Alwayprogress.org is excited to announce we will be opening our first Structured Living Environment towards the end of 2019. This will give our young adults a great opportunity to set them up to win in life. This program will offer many opportunities to our participants where the only expense they will have is room and board.
Immediate benefits of the SLE include but not limited to:
• Daily personal development education
• Learning a Trade, with on the job paid training for multiple career choices.
• Learning financial responsibility and money management from certified financial planners who volunteer within our program.
• On site AP volunteers to offer positive guidance and mentorship for our participants
• Professional Clothing Armoire – Alwaysprogress.org realizes business attire can be very expensive, therefore the SLE program provides the necessary business attire to all participants. Also, to further assist with job qualifications our mentors will be guiding their mentees with how to complete a resume and set them up to win in life.
The American Academy of child and adolescent psychiatry states, based on the stage of brain development, adolescents are more likely to:
• Act on impulse
• Misread or misinterpret social cues and emotions
• Get into accidents of all kinds
• Get involved in fights
• Engage in dangerous or risky behavior
Adolescents are less likely to:
• Think before they act
• Pause to consider the potential consequences of their actions
• Modify their dangerous or inappropriate behaviors
Lack of role model support leads to poor decision-making, no set goals and submission to peer pressure. There is no question that at risk teens and young adults would benefit immensely from a mentorship program. Alwaysprogress.org is working hard to make sure we do our part to make a difference in the lives of these young adults in need. Many of us would not be where we are today without the support and guidance of mentors and role models. If we are able to, we should pay it forward, and then in turn, mentored youth will mentor others. They can shape our futures, all by us mentoring and shaping theirs.
To be a part of the Structured Living Environment or to become a mentor, please fill out the form below.